[Left: Hiroki;Right: Joy]
[Top: Joy; Bottom: Hiroki]
When I met these two furballs, they’d barely opened their eyes. They were two of the 6-kitten litter that my best friend’s brother’s cat had.
Originally, I’d only planned on having one little kitty, and that was Joy. I wanted her because out of the entire litter, there were only two cats that had color on them: Joy [with her single black spot], and another cat we named Symbah [same as Simba] because he was the exact same color as the cub from The Lion King.
Weeks later, when the cats were ready to separate from their mom, Joy was still having trouble adjusting to dry food, but they could no longer keep the kittens, so I had to take her anyway. So the plan was to grab the chubbiest cat in the litter, and have him show her all about eating.
My mom was initially upset that I took two cats home instead of the agreed-upon one (I still lived with her at the time), but Hiroki grew on her immediately. Not that she had much of a choice. Hiroki was a complete cuddle-bunny, and constantly crawled up onto her lap so he could sleep on her chest. She had no choice but to love him.
Now, they’re all grown up [they’ll be 4 in July] and they are still as sweet as ever, although a bit more mischievous than I’d ever imagined them to be. They love to get into places they don’t have any place being, and they complain quite loudly when we try to take them away from the spot.
They’re also just like me! Quite ‘derp’ and dorky, they constantly demand attention, and they’re the best kittehz I could have ever imagined having.
I absolutely love my furry babies and I couldn’t imagine not having them in my life.
Paws With A Cause® enhances the independence and quality of life for people with disabilities nationally through custom-trained Assistance Dogs.
PAWS® increases awareness of the rights and roles of Assistance Dog teams through education and advocacy. Founded in 1979, Paws With A Cause is dedicated to helping its clients who are challenged by many disabilities, such as Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Seizure Disorders, and Hearing Disorders to name just some. Each of our dogs are trained to meet the specific needs of our clients. Tasks may include opening and closing doors, picking up objects, pulling a wheelchair, turning lights on and off, and alerting a person to particular sounds like a telephone, doorbell, smoke detector and many others. Our dogs change lives by enhancing the independence of our clients. By just opening a door, a dog opens up the world for a person with a disability and your donations will go to making that happen. PAWS thanks you so much for your donation and allowing us to open more doors.
Paws With A Cause
4646 South Division
Wayland, MI 49348
How to donate:
2. Click on "Make a Donation"
3. Enter a amount you wish to donate. Everibbon will add a small fee to your donation for processing. My fee for donating $5.00 was .49 cents. So keep this in mind when deciding your donation amount. You will receive 1 entry into the giveaway for every $1 you donate.
4. In the box that says "on the behalf of" please put your name. This is the name that will be listed on the everibbon website so put a name you do not mind being visible to everyone. Do not check the box to make a anonymous donation because I will not be able to track your donation to enter you into the giveaways.
5. Next it will ask you for your credit or debit card information.
7. Ta Da! Your all done making your donation. Now you need to contact Danielle to enter the giveaway.
8. Please email Danielle at RomanceBookJunkiesDanielle@Yahoo.com with the name you used to donate your money. For example the name I used to donate on behalf of was Romance Book Junkies. Do not send me your name off your credit or debit card because I will not be able to see this. Along with the name you used please tell me how much you donated and if you live in the US or are International.
9. Your all done. Thank you for donating!
Warning: Do not try to email Danielle the name and donation amount of another person that is not yourself. If Danielle recieves more than one email with the same persons name and donation amount she will have to ask for your copy of the receipt from everibbon to verify that you are the correct winner. Thank you.
We will have 4 winners for the main giveaway.
We have 2 $65 gift certificates to any online book store.
Also we have two huge boxes of books and swag from Romance Book Junkies and Bitten by Paranormal Romance for US residents only.
Good luck to all and thank you for helping make this fundraiser a success.